Courtesy of the FFXIV Fan Fest Letter from the Producer Live at Frankfurt!
Why “a”? We’ll talk about that in a moment…
- Final Anima weapon story quests.
- Maybe it’s easy. Easy? Easy. Maybe? Easy.
- Zhloe Aliapoh custom deliveries.
- New content for crafters and gatherers. This is just the start, we hope to upgrade it as we go through the 4.0 series. Oversimplified, Zhloe has her own backstory – she’s in trouble and needs your help. As you help her, you’ll see more of her quest unfold and become more friendly with her. New NPCs and new stories will be introduced as this storyline unfolds for crafters and gatherers. We hope to have it change over time, if you make something for an NPC, that NPC will continue to have it from then on. The names of Khloe and Zhloe are in Japanese are a play on the black and white, but nobody told Koji so that isn’t so obvious in English. Still, the shared surname implies a connection.
- Proto Ultima Battle
- Rewards will be accessories – all accessories – all iLV270. But how to encounter Proto Ultima, we will not talk about it at all, not even in patch notes. Please look forward to it.
- The Feast
- New Maps
- Sudden Death (to replace Draw)
- New Items & Adjustments
- Season 3 Ends / Season 4 Pre-season beings (to learn the new area)
- Additional Updates
- Increased Sophic / Demonic Lanner Whistle drop rates
- Garo gear reobtainable via Calamity Salvager
- Abes & High Summoner Attire available for redemption
Why is it 3.55a?
Do you notice something missing here? Diadem? Promised in 3.55? … We’ve run into a bug… There’s a certain raid within the Diadem and … something happened. It’s a new type of raid and we want to it be more fun and not stressful, so…
On the 28th, we will be releasing all other content. Hopefully by March 7th… Maybe March 9th… Maybe March 14th… But it will be in Patch 3.55b. We’re working on it. We’ll try our best to make it 7 days. (or 9).