The Romanus Family owns a series of establishments open to ALL RP players as part of the city called, Rome The city is located at the old Abandoned Orc Fort in Malas, just East of Broken Mountains near the city of Umbra. We often refer to the city as the “Lair” and we often say it’s part of “West Umbra”. The coordinates for the city are 32°20′ N / 1°, 24′ E on the Malas facet.
We ask that all folks just be respectful and mind other visitors. Please review the common PREMISE RULES found on our main territories page.
(1) Gateway Park — This is a small beautiful park whose main feature is the teleportation straight into Rome. The teleporter connects you to “A Thousand Ways Park” right in the heart of the city.
(2) The Britain Public Library, Umbra Annex (Sosarian History) — A library collection specializing on Sosarian history and featuring the stories of the Children of Darkness of Catskills, in all forms, as well as the histories and encounters with other worldly beings. There is also an alchemy lab, for those of no faint heart, where our alchemists brew up some of the deadliest concoctions. Our Half-Breeds use the alchemy lab to create their powerful potions with their special dark gift, Mixology.
(3) The Millennium Nightclub — One of the main focal points of the city is the nightclub known as the “Millennium”. Once a month on a Friday we hold “LADIES NIGHT” where ladies get in free and drink free all night. Each month there is a special feature so look for that on our Events Calendar.
(4) The Church of the Sun — Rome’s main center is the Church. Featuring an actual, functioning church this establishment is mostly used for weddings, parties, and other social events. Do not forget to visit the Bridal Room on the first floor for all our wedding attire changing needs. The Church also boasts a reception hall, called the Hall of Dreams, as well as a beautiful rooftop garden — where you could have a garden-style wedding.
(5) The Reprieve of Resting Souls — Rome has a graveyard for its fallen members. The myth that vampires cannot be killed is just that… a myth. Vampires often die to their own wills, and can be killed by other vampires in what is known as a “blood hunt”, by rival sects or even by order of the leaders of their own. This reprieve was made to honor those that the Children of Darkness considered to be “gone too soon”.
(6) The Dark Tower — CoD’s official headquarters is the Dark Tower. The Dark Tower features a nice, cozy reception area and also has several rooms that are private offices and meeting rooms for the guild’s members. It is also the single point of entrance to the underground housing system that we call the Catacombs (fictional).
( 7) Haven Inn & Restaurant — The city’s main inn and small restaurant for guests serving food for all our patrons daily from breakfast until dinner.
(8) A Thousand Ways Park — This is our teleportation hub for the city. It links us to our territories in West Umbra as well as our territories in South Jhelom and in Felucca’s Cindervale. It also links to the “Lair’s Gateway Park” that is right by Umbra Street.
(9) The Bloody Brew — A small, quaint little tavern that is great to just kick up the feet and relax, and mingle with other guests. The Bloody Brew is the perfect place to discuss politics, drain your sorrows, or vent your anger. Edwin, our tavern keep, seems to be there 24/7, a complete workaholic. We can’t get him to go home! You will find a small distillery on the second floor, where Edwin and other mixologists can make the perfect brew. There is also a guest room with a bathroom should you find you had a wee bit too much fun the evening prior.
(10) The Britain Public Library, Umbra Annex (Earthen History) & Rome’s Infirmary — A library collection specializing on Earthen history and lore. It includes a vast collection of books on various topics like the sciences and technology that have been brought over by the Romanus family through the world gate in Umbra.
REGULAR EVENTS HELD HERE
Thursdays @ 9 PM EST, Bloody Brew Tavern is Open for RP Only interactions. If you come during this night, you must be in full character. Usually closes by 10:30 – 11 PM EST.
Ladies’ Night at the Millennium — Ladies get in free and drink free all night. Guys, just 20g cover charge gets you in and drinks are 5g! Come meet the vamp… errr lady of your nightmares… errr dreams!
Comedy Night at the Millennium — For all players who enjoy a good drink and a barrel of laughs. Comedy Night is usually held at the Vampire Lounge and all are welcomed to enjoy their 15 mins of fame by taking the stage with their jokes. This even is open TO ALL play styles, both RP and non-RP. Jokes can be either IC or OOC, but please keep jokes PG-13, unless otherwise stated.
Weddings & Funerals (RP Only)
Our church has been especially designed to host a wide variety of events. The Church of the Sun has a beautiful chapel that can be decorated to suit a bride & groom’s tastes and right above the chapel, we have our large reception hall for formal dinners complete with wait staff and service. For funerals, we take a more somber approach of course… we can hold a funerary service and have a graveyard right next to the church were a burial can be held to commemorate your departed characters.
Blood Hunts (For Vampires Only, by Special Invite)
A bounty-hunter style tournament that will have any vamp from Catskills searching the span of the globe to find and kill your target!!! 1 mil or more for the first to bring back the rogue vamp’s head! Not a public event by any means, kept very hush hush.